Saturday, August 4, 2012

All the single ladies...

It's been a while, hasn't it? I was out of the country doing an internship for six weeks, which wasn't conducive to blogging (to the left is a picture of me in Germany!). I got back home about three weeks ago, and have since been sleeping, getting ready for school & a new on-campus apartment, and...going through a breakup.

The story of the breakup itself isn't one that I really feel the need to tell, because the how of it isn't so important anymore, I'd say. What's important is that it did happen, and that that was a good thing. You see, the no-longer-boyfriend and I had been doing a lot of fighting for the last few months. A LOT. It was time for me to be single again, too, and I've been pretty content with that for the last few weeks.

That's not to say that I'm not sad it's over--I am. But I'm sad because of could-have-been's and lost possibilities, not because of him or the reality of the relationship. And I think that says something.

So, for the last couple weeks I've been single for the first time in well over a year. And I like it. I've been cooking, seeing friends, going apartment-kitchen-shopping, and just being really content overall. And I've maintained--maybe even increased--my higher self-confidence and self-love.

No comments:

Post a Comment